Mumpreneur.ng welcomes contributions. When you write for us, be rest assured you are changing lives while also reaching a global audience. Most of our contributors have achieved their professional dreams and established themselves as thought leaders.
Our singular mission is to build an extraordinary league of Kick-Ass Mums – as such, we seek to cover extremely large grounds ranging from business tips for mothers, work-life balance ideas, parenting, entrepreneurship and wellness.
We are always delighted to discover new and exciting contributions from our growing community. If you feel you have something inspirational you would like to share, here’s what you need to know:
Mumpreneur.ng only accepts 100% original content. Please if the post has been published on another site, book, app, or if the content has been plagiarized in any way, don’t submit it. This also includes your personal blog.
The general rule of thumb here is to keep you post within the range of 300 – 1000. We will not accept the post of over 1000 words, unless on special cases where it’s needed. If you have a lot to say, we suggest you break it down into separate articles. We also suggested you break your article into actionable steps and bullet points for easy readability.
We only accept posts with a positive and warm approach. Positive, warm and relatable posts only, with no swear or curse words. Refrain from slandering brands. We suggest you check out our writing style before submitting your post.
SEO-DRIVEN CONTENT WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED:
The easiest way not to get accepted is writing purely for the purpose of backlinks and increasing SEO – or to promote a product in a post. If you work for a content marketing firm, please save us both the stress and do not submit your content.
If your post has any type of claim and you referred to statistics or a study, please we demand you include reference links to your sources. Your sources must be credible – such as scientific papers, academic journals, and other appropriate knowledge bases. All relevant links in your post should be placed in a bracket, next to where it is to appear: see [http://facebook.com/mumpreneur.ng]. We will be pleased to insert the links.
BIO AND PROMOTION:
Since we do not compensate our contributors monetarily, we support them by inserting their brief bio, which contains links to their websites and social media pages [Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, twitter]. Their post will also be featured on our social media pages. Our requirements in the bio section are 2-3 sentences of who you are and what your life intentions are (120 words or less). We also require you provide us with your email associated with your gravatar account. Please don’t hyperlink. Put relevant links in brackets: [http://facebook.com/mumpreneur.ng].
Once your post goes live and comments start rolling, we mandate you connect with our readership by replying comments on your post. Our community loves to hear from authors. This strategy is also good to help build your authority and followership.
We try our best to review every submission we receive. As such we ask that you give us 10 days to respond to your submission. After which, you can submit another post. Please do not follow up any submission. We will contact you if you get accepted. If your article is published, you will begin to receive emails from our lead editor at least once per month.
All contributors are encouraged to submit photos with their posts. These should be at least 1000 pixels wide by 667 pixels tall (bigger in either direction or both, is fine). Photos work best on our website in landscape format. If your attachments, including photos, are over 8 MB, please include them in a zip file or a dropbox link. Make sure your files are clean and virus-free.
By submitting to Mumpreneur.ng you acknowledge that you accept our terms and any form of editing the Mumpreneur.ng editorial team deems necessary.
POINTS WHEN CRAFTING YOUR POST:
Endeavor to make your title catchy enough. Come up with something that grabs the readers’ attention and makes them want to read your piece: A few questions to ask yourself are. What problem does my article solve? How will reading this make someone’s life better?
Your first sentence must make the reader eager to continue – it should be able to communicate to the reader clearly and succinctly what your piece is all about.
To make your piece more readable, we suggest you provide tips readers can easily implement. Here’s an example: “A Step by step guide Mumpreneurs can register their business with CAC”,
Be original and unique – write in your own voice. The same way you explain an idea to your friend, use the same approach in your post. Don’t try to sound too formal and robotic.
THINGS TO ASK YOURSELF BEFORE YOU SUBMIT:
- Is the content relevant to Mumpreneur.ng?
- Has this topic been covered before and if so, recently?
- Will readers benefit from the content?
- Is the content easy to understand?
- Most importantly, ask yourself if you’re proud of your work?
- Has your post already appeared on Mumpreneur.ng?
- Does your post have a great headline that grabs our reader’s attention?
- Do your message and overall theme align with Mumpreneur.ng’s core values?
- Do you have an image that you would like to include with your post? (1000 pixels wide, landscape images, please)
- Business: There are so many areas of business to cover we want to have the largest and most relevant repository of information for doing business in Nigeria. Explore topical issues ranging from business registration to regulatory requirements and the likes.
- Motherhood: We have a target audience of mothers running businesses; they expect to have issues relating to motherhood addressed. If you are writing about finding the right nanny, daycare or the likes, take note that we do not endorse brands that we haven’t approved. Stick to general best practice tips rather than brand endorsements.
- Parenting: Mumpreneurs can never rule out proper parenting. That’s one of the core values mumpreneur.ng was created – to teach mothers how to be hold down the home front while running a successful business. We expect to see posts on proper parenting. Post like “10 tips to raising strong daughters” will definitely rock our boat.
- Wellness: Like the saying goes, “Health is Wealth” Mumpreneurs can’t function well without good health. In order to maintain the required energy to manage your home and business, one must be in excellent heath. We know that most Mumpreneurs are uber busy, as such might not find the time for proper exercise and nutrition. By so saying we will appreciate posts on how to keep fit and stay healthy while maintaining a busy schedule. A post like, 10 Easy Healthy Lunches to Bring To Work will definitely be accepted. For a post on a workout, we expect to see an original image of you completing the pose, sequence or routine you’re writing about. The image should be high-quality and labeled with the move it’s demonstrating. If you are writing on any recipes like juice recipe, smoothie or Nigerian foods. We suggest you start with an opening paragraph of how the recipe is served and why it’s one of your favorites. Clear photo’s, serving size and prep directions should also be included.
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU:
- We expect you to have a real passion and focus in an area of Entrepreneurship, motherhood and living a balanced life.
- Excellent writing, spelling and grammar
- Creative and conversational writing style
- A business-related website/blog, this allows us to link back to you through your bio (this can be a personal website for those with a certified practice, businesswomen blog, or business-related book.)
HOW TO SUBMIT AN ARTICLE:
Please submit the following to us in an email (no word documents please).
- Your post with a working headline.
- Short Bio (120 words or less) with any links to your social media channels like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest etc. Please put links in square brackets: [http://facebook.com/120 words or less]
- The email address linked to your Gravatar account (http://en.gravatar.com) so your picture can appear with your post.
- Please include all of this in one email and submit to email@example.com